The Trashpackers Foundation is the engine behind a proactive global movement of travellers and local people who want to contribute in a positive way to a clean world. Trashpackers makes individuals, organizations and governments aware of the consequences of a lack of adequate infrastructure for the collection and processing of waste in large parts of the world. It does this through:
– Data collection and research
– Awareness campaigns
– Various projects
– Worldwide clean-ups
We believe that instead of being against something, we can make more impact by showing what we stand for. By facilitating global clean-up actions, we aim to draw attention to our values:
– The impact of small-scale actions that can engage, spread like wildfire and move and motivate more people.
– Global producer responsibility.
– We see waste as valuable raw materials which can stimulate the circular economy.
– The use of disposable plastic should be minimized: reuse, separate and recycle is our rule of thumb.
– Education and inspiration are fundamental to powerful behavioural change.
We are stimulating intercultural relationships by bringing tourists into contact with local communities. Tourism can have a negative impact on other countries’ environment and their communities. Trashpackers is a counterweight for this as we motivate tourists to act like they are a guest in someone else’s home. By cleaning up together we create a reciprocal appreciation between the local community, by giving something back to these visited countries.
Trashpackers believes in the power of what one individual can do. By providing a playful platform for anyone and everyone who proactively wants to be part of the solution, we encourage individuals to take the initiative by themselves.
We’re supplying information about the global waste problem inside and outside the community. We educate participants during the cleanups about the consequences of trash, what we can do about it and how to inspire others to do the same.
Besides that, we are developing workshops for local communities who have a passion for teaching, to educate children on the global waste problem.
Through data collection we ensure that the clean-ups are of added value and that the issue is solved at the source. The processed data in our uniform system is not limited to litter alone. Moreover, independent transparent data is collected regarding the origin of plastic and its destination post-use.
Trashpackers Foundation is a Dutch-based non-profit foundation. Trashpackers is becoming a PBO (Public Benefit Organisation or ANBI in Dutch).
- Chamber of Commerce subscription is registrered under number 74306421
- Our RSIN number is: 859847706
- Our bankaccount is being hosted at the sustainable Dutch Triodos Bank. Donations can be transferred to: IBAN: NL57 TRIO 0379 6515 80 (BIC TRIONL2U) under the name of Stichting Trashpackers. Stichting means Foundation in Dutch.
Trashpackers is a non-profit foundation and for this reason almost fully run by volunteers. We’re thanking our volunteers for supporting our mission and dedicating time to Trashpackers!
Board of Directors
Board of Advisors